good tap water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Totally depends on what type of fish you're going for. For most fish, 6-6.5 pH is going to be pretty low... Also, for that high of nitrates, you're going to have to do PWC's a lot once your tank is cycled...

Edit: Hold it, did you say 0-20 nitrate? Can you get any more specific?

Sounds fine to me. You will need to get an ammonia test when you start cycling the tank.

Rosenweiss said:
Totally depends on what type of fish you're going for. For most fish, 6-6.5 pH is going to be pretty low... Also, for that high of nitrates, you're going to have to do PWC's a lot once your tank is cycled...

Edit: Hold it, did you say 0-20 nitrate? Can you get any more specific?

it's the strips all i have atm its really light allmost white id say prob bewteen 0 and 10

fort384 said:
Sounds fine to me. You will need to get an ammonia test when you start cycling the tank.

i plan on gettin the api sw master while cyclinh im useing tap watet to cycle then when its over doin 90% pwc with rodi water

It will be fine wolf. The pH isn't going to matter until you mix up your saltwater.

Ahhh, well as I'm sure many people will tell you, test strips are "notoriously incorrect." Haha. =D So you may want to invest in an API liquid freshwater test kit!

Edit: Or saltwater. Sorry!

If you are going to use RODI, the tests really don't matter at all then.

Rosenweiss said:
Ahhh, well as I'm sure many people will tell you, test strips are "notoriously incorrect." Haha. =D So you may want to invest in an API liquid freshwater test kit!

Edit: Or saltwater. Sorry!

lol i plan on it probably gnna buy online its 19 online comparrd to 33 in my lfs but carey was so kind as to put them in my care package and i figured lets give it a shot riight? lol ik trites trates tap water= bad for sw thats why after cycle im gna 90% with rodi but is it bad for my fw 15g?

I wouldn't worry about it... Especially since you are using test strips. Even if it is close to 6, most common fish can adjust to that. Trying to dial in your pH will be more trouble than it's worth.

yeah ive heard and usein the ph ups can really throw your tank for a loop and cause ph crashes etc as long as its stable right

Back
Top Bottom