Help with a filter problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkhail

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was hoping for a bit of creative help with a problem I am having with my filter a Aqueon 30, as seen in the picture below.

Problem is the intake part of the filter that goes into the water broke in half while I was removing it from a sponge I had fit over it. I refit the sponge after cleaning it and now the water flow is greatly reduced. It is essentially trickling out.

I am not sure what to do. Is there another way I can cover what now is a open pipe instead of the normal slotted style? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 41iZEIwByjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41iZEIwByjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 103
I use a double layer of tulle cloth, like the stuff they make bridal veils out of. It works for me in my cherry shrimp tank. I just have to clean it a bit more often.

How do you secure the cloth to the intake line? The draw is relatively powerful now that it is not spread out so I am worried it might get sucked up or at least allow fish to get stuck on it.

you could try using a filter media bag like the ones sold at petsmart, I think they cost @ $1.99 and have a draw sting at the opening

I did try using a filter bag, however every time most of the filter bag ended up inside the filter with the rest barely handing on around the edge of the intake.

I use a poly filter media bag and rubberband. Occasionally one of my fish willpull it off the intake but other than that it works well.

Back
Top Bottom