info wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beckie T

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I love to watch reef tanks. I was givin a 125 gl acrylic with stand hood sump with deviders of differing heights and a pump. It has the over flow box in corner and pipes in the bottom. I have been reading and asking local fish places about getting started. Soooo much to learn and tons want to sell me all new equipment. I really loved the guy I explained what I had and asked what would I need to get started. His reply " about $2,500 and sat down to eat his lunch! Not to much chance I would give him that kind of money with that kind service. What would he say when I came back in a mth with a ?. As with most I have to be aware of cost but more important. I want to enjoy the process as well as the end result.

Any thoughts welcomed

Beckie

Welcome to the saltie side! Makes sure there were not copper meds used in your tank. It sounds like you have a great set up. Read some of the articles under my sig for FREE and great info.

Agree with roka64... browse around the site, read the articles, and don't be afraid to ask questions. I lurked here for months before even purchasing a single piece of equipment.

While it sounds like your LFS guy could use some better sales skills, I have to admit he was at least honest. You'll probably EASILY drop that kind of money to get your tank up and running and lightly stocked.

And welcome to the site!

For the life of me with the costs of some of the equipment I've never understood why the LFS's don't get into used equipment business model. At least none around me, in a fully advertised way anyway

Back
Top Bottom