Light Dimming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ComMizz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My light on top of my tank used to be a lot brighter. I bought it a few weeks ago and now it seems like it has dimmed down. Is this supposed to be like this? Is this common or should i go talk to the guy i bought it from.

I am not really sure what brand it is but i believe it is a 50/50? Im a little new at this so sorry for the lack of info. the light fixture just sits on top of a glass tray. The glass tray that it sits on is clear i just cleaned it. Looks like it might be back to normal now who knows.

First thing I would have suggested is cleaning off the evaporation plate (which you have done). As everyone else has said, next step is changing the bulb. If you have a freshwater tank, I believe the 50% actinic will only encourage algae.

I have a SW and i just bought the light so i really hope it didn't die out that fast

What brand and model is the fixture that you bought?
There should be a label on the back near the power cords.
Did you buy it new or used?
If used, replace the bulb(s).

Is the glass covering the entire tank top or just the light fixture?

i bought it new. I think it is an Aqua culture but the bulb is a different brand. The glass is only where the light fixture is

Back
Top Bottom