Lighting Change For A 36 Gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aries

Aquarium Advice Regular
Right now, standard hood that came with the tank and a plain flourescent. Wanting to change this. I don't have a live planted tank and current residing residents are Gups and a pelc, later to add more Gups and tetras. Maybe throw in some gourms and a couple ADFs.

Anyone have any suggesting on lighting. From just updating the bulb itself to a "project" sort of speak is fine, I'm up for any and all ideas.

I just want the tank to shimmer at its best, something even unique maybe, eye catcher.

The tank with the light on without heater will hover room temp 77-78. So I'm not worried about the light giving heat, but if it does give heat (higher wattage bulb suggestions) thats fine also, no biggie.

Well give your 2 cents :grin:

What have you got now? <W's, color, tank size...>

For fish only, I think a 2 bulb fixture 1 actinic, 1 daylight (or high K) would really bring out the color ... although some people think that it looks too artificial ... color almost look cartoon-ish.

You will prob need to retrofit your hood unless you ahve a double fixture already. Perhaps a twin T-5 (or PC) fixture, some LED's so you can see the plecs at night ....

Thanks for suggestions, thats basically what I have decided to go with. I'm purchasing Sundial T5HO Lighting System. Has two LEDS and two bulbs; one day and one night.

Back
Top Bottom