Lighting: do you prefer white/yellowish light or a pinkish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmac

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was looking at my tank the other day and noticed it has a bit of a pink glow (the flourecent bulb in the hood light fixture is pink)....It looks good........But I've seen some tanks with a more yellowish or white look........Just wondering what others here have/prefer.

I'm thinking of picking up a different shade of light to change the look up a bit.

In 1 tank i have blue back light and a whit front 1, in another tank i have a plant growth light so its bright white but reflects of the plants is its slightly green, i agree with Ky'smommy i like it with a slight effect or to me it may look slightly plain unless its highly planted or has lots of well thought about decorations throughout.

Ive always like the look of 10k's mixed with actinics, whether they be on a reef tank, salt or fresh fish only, or my old 10gal planted. Seems like they did good for me on anything I put them. That just my preferences though. 8)

Comparing my three tanks side by side, the white/pink light looks the best. The yellow just doesn't do it for me with plants. The bright white is nice but the white/pink bulb just looks awesome. Really brings out the color in my fish.

Next bulb I get I want it to have a white/blue tint to it. That might be kind of cool to compare.

Next bulb I get I want it to have a white/blue tint to it. That might be kind of cool to compare.

If you have neon tetra's then it really brings out the blue line :)

mine is a whitish yellow ( mainly because of the samll amount of tannins still being relased ) at night my tnak is blue from the moonlighting, but I prefer a light bulb that gives a tank a crystal clear appereance

I realize there is a pic section dedicated to aquariums, but would anyone with a blueish tint or yellowish tint post a decent shot of what it looks like?

imrandome1 said:

If you have neon tetra's then it really brings out the blue line :)

Ok now I really want one. I have 3 Neons (gourami ate two) and they look great now, can't imagine under a blue one.

hehe gd il try and get a pic 4 ya :)

okay done damn they move fast il just upload them

Sorry about the pic, the move fast lol :)

We have 50/50 and Actinic bulbs on our African cichlid tank because the blue really brings out their coloration. For the other tanks it is white.

pink/white for my melon/pigeon discus tank.

blue/white for my parrot/angel tank.

Back
Top Bottom