Mounting a 75 gal aquarium in wall closet.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TinyTemper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have a closet that spans the length of my dining room. Roughly 9 feet long and 2 feet deep i want to put a 75 gal aquarium in the closet and cut out a hole in the wall for where we will have it out for viewing it will be resting on a stand not the wall. These are my questions:

1. will the weight of the aquarium, stand, sump pump be to heavy in my peir and beam home.

2. Will I need to get some air flow going though there because of the humidy that may be caused from the aquarium.

3. Are there any issues that I need to think of other than those 2 questions.

Thanks for all your help

Attachments

• 20200426_134821.jpg
    20200426_134821.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200426_134813.jpg
    20200426_134813.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200426_114817.jpg
    20200426_114817.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 26
Um pier and beam?

Idk know what you maen like your house is on stilts?

Also is te place you want the aquarium where that painting is in the last pic?

Also you may want the fan to circulate air flow.

And this is a good idea!

I would consult a professional before making any modifications to the wall. From picture you may have ductwork in wall depending.. I wouldnt worry about weight.

Thanks for the reply!! yes it is baiscally going to be in the spot where the painting is. My house was built in the 1950's i live in an old neighborhood. not stilts but instead of a slab there are large posts that the home frame sits on, nowadays they do a slab but this was the norm back then.

i was thinking that i would need a fan to circulate air flow in and out of the area.

there isnt any duct work in the wallm the whole area from door to door has empty closet that is behind the whole area. the duct work goes through the ceiling. i do have someone that will be comming to look at the wall but fromwhat i can see in the attic it doesnt look like there are any load bearing posts going down to the wall.

Back
Top Bottom