need a filter with little to no surface agitation for a 30ga

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ostrichkiller

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey i am looking at starting up a nice planted tank with a DIY Co2 setup and need some kind of filter that will not agitate the surface too much.

also looking at any ideas for setups for ground cover. am thinking of just useing fancy guppies as fish.

-Jim

power filters that do NOT have a bio-wheel work pretty well, as long as you keep them fairly full of water. You could also extend the 'ramp' on the return.

Can't comment much about groundcover, without knowing tank size, lighting, etc.

Any canister filter would work for you, they usually have a spray bar that you can place below the water line and aim it down. Fluval, Ehiem are 2 big brands but there are many brands, I like Fluval I would think a 204 would be plenty of filter for a 30g.

humpty

I had a Fluval internal recommended to me by a LFS, I now have a Fluval 4 plus in my 46g. Seems to be ok so far, but kinda early since it's only been in there a week. Most of the fish seem to like it so far though. The GW Killie actually spends a fair amount of time under the surface swimming in the currents.

I picked up the 4 plus for $30 @ Big Al's online.

a nice HOB that would fit the bill is the tetratec, it also has the heater feature and therefore you would not have a heater visible in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom