Need Filter Recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbieg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

My daughter is in the process of setting up a 75 gallon fw tank, and she wants a really good filter; but she is very worried about her brand new hardwood floors.

I believe she's probably thinking about the first time I cleaned my canister filter. I still don't know what happened that night. It's all a blur. All I know is that suddenly the filter was pumping the water from my tank onto my floor...and it was pumping fast.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks a bunch,
Debbie

If you are going with a canister filter then I don't think you can go wrong with either Eheim or Fluval (I have two Fluval 305 for my 120 Gallon) brand. I have never used non canisters filters so I can't provide feedback on those.

Thanks Speckz,
It's the type of filter that she's trying to decide on. I love my fluval canister, but it's the one that flooded the floor. Granted, I'm sure it wasn't the filters fault, but she's still not sure if she wants to trust it.
I'm not even sure what her other options are, other than canister and hob.
Debbie

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Aqua Clear HOB filters seem to have a good reputation around here. That seems like it might be a good choice.
[/FONT]

Thanks again,
I'll pass along the suggestion.
Now if the floor gets wet it's not my fault.
Debbie

Back
Top Bottom