Noisy fluval 406

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annerbc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I have just fitted a new fluval 406 in my new 250l tank. It is very noisy. A very loud hum even with the cabinet door closed. Definitely not whisper quiet. I had quite a bit of trouble priming it. It was nothing like the instructions, it was not easy. I had to eventually fill up the filter and then prime it without the tubes in then when completely full prime it some more then turned it on. Any ideas on why it is so loud. It is a bit like white noise and loud hum.
Thank you.

Wow, that doesn't sound right. Are you sure you got it put together correctly?could the impeller cover be on wrong?

Yeah mine is dead quiet from a foot or more away. I had some problems priming mine but starting over seemed to help. It took a really long time for it to completely fill up the canister. Once it was filled (you could hear it trickling into the canister) I flipped the switch and it came to life.

Haven't really had any noises to troubleshoot on mine so can't really help.

I don't use fluval's, but do have canisters. It might be trapped air, have you tried gently shaking it side to side...I had the same issue with my Tetratec..

Hi
Thank you for the relpies. I have primed the pump over the course if the day and shook it a d tipped it and loads of Air bubbles come out. It has got a bit quieter so I shall keep going.

My 206 made a hum for a day or so until the impeller got a film on it. Now it's silent and can't tell if its working

Back
Top Bottom