one more RODI question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a filter on ebay last week. I hooked it up to my sink with faucet adapter. This way I can put it away when not being used. I ran the filter for about an hour to get it to where good water is coming out. Now I want to put it away. What do I do about excess water in the filter? Some water was still coming out of the filter. Should I just wait till it stops then put it away? I just want to make sure no other water comes out when I put it away. Thanks!
Jim

I don't think you can disconnect it and store it without the di membrane getting ruined. I think it needs to be sealed from the air, whether by plastic packaging or water. Some have a valve that can be turned off while it is connected. Although I could be wrong.

Brian

I found some valves that I put on the end of the tubes. I was able to close the valves this way no air gets to the filters and no water can come out.

I let mine drain for a while then put it away. I have not had a problem in 3 years of use. I still get 0 tds output after the DI resin. The RO membrane has not been replaced yet but that's just a matter of time now.

Back
Top Bottom