Powerhead Upgrade Questions/Advice Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amanda_marie

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is a 60 gallon and I currently have two marineland powerheads, one 1200 and one 900. The powerheads are working fine but there are a couple aspects about them I don't care for so am looking to replace the two.

I'm leaning towards the Koralias, I've thought about the Tunze but there is a pretty good price difference between the two.

Main aspects I'm concerned about with getting a new powerhead are that is has a magnetic mount, low wattage usage, and rather compact.

If I was to get the Koralias would I need to get two of the 1050s or two of the 1400s?

If I was to go with the Tunze, I would need two of the 6045s for enough flow, right?

I've never seen either in person so no experience whatsoever. I'm also wondering if there is a big difference in size between those two when comparing models of similar GPHs.

I'd like to get whichever I decide on soon I just wanted to make sure I would have enough flow as I don't want to upgrade yet again.

Also, in case it makes much of a difference, my corals include softies and LPS, no intentions to keep SPS.

Thanks.

Still having a hard time deciding and advice would be very appreciated. :)

I want to make sure I'm happy with what I get so I won't have to worry about any more upgrades. Also, that I'll have enough flow. I'm just not sure if the Tunzes are worth the extra money over the Koralias.

Back
Top Bottom