Protein Skimmer In A Planted Aquarium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Useless. Skimmers wont work effectivly in a FW tank because there is not enough surface tension in FW to make the skimmer work effectivly.

I highly recommend using canister filters in planted tanks, especially if you are planning on using CO2 injection. If not, then HOB or sponge filters (for smaller aquariums) work fine for me. I personally don't see a need for UV filtering in a planted tank.

I use one in my tank hooked to my cannister filter and I think it works awesome. I had to DIY to solve the surface tension prob. IMOP it helps the clarity greatly.

could u like tell me howd you solved it??? its because i just dont want something not used lying around my house besides i dont have SW tank, all of my tanks are FW

gone fishin said:
I use one in my tank hooked to my cannister filter and I think it works awesome. I had to DIY to solve the surface tension prob. IMOP it helps the clarity greatly.

Are you sure you're not talking about a surface skimmer? AFAIK you can't hook a protein skimmer up to a canister filter, but you can hook up a surface skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom