Red Sea Prizm Skimmer Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nanoluvr

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking of adding a red sea prizm skimmer to my 20 gal reef tank. anyone have any input on this model?

I had a Prism Deluxe. Not exactly a quality skimmer, but if you get a good deal on it, it should be fine for a 20g tank.

Hey Larry,

I think Red Prizm is about the same price as Seaclone, do you know if this skimmer is any worse than seaclone skimmer?

I had a Prism Deluxe. Not exactly a quality skimmer, but if you get a good deal on it, it should be fine for a 20g tank.

Ok...I didn't know. I figured Red Sea stuff was usually pretty good, but I haven't talked to anyone who actually used the prism before. Do you have any suggestions on a quality skimmer that can be used in nano applications? And I mean...not huge?

Hey Larry,

I think Red Prizm is about the same price as Seaclone, do you know if this skimmer is any worse than seaclone skimmer?
I don't have any personal experience with a SeaClown, but from what I've read about them, they are about equal to a Prism.
Ok...I didn't know. I figured Red Sea stuff was usually pretty good, but I haven't talked to anyone who actually used the prism before. Do you have any suggestions on a quality skimmer that can be used in nano applications? And I mean...not huge?
I really don't know of any good small HOB skimmers. That Prism is small and will work fine for your size tank.

HI Jeff,

I was thinking of getting Seaclone 100 Protein Skimmer by Instant Ocean as I heard better reviews than the Prizm, even my guy in LFS said, always avoid the Red Prizm. As for Nano Reef, that Sea Clone might work and also you can try the Current Fission I believe, but dunno about the review on that. If you check drfostersandsmith, Seaclone has pretty good review, since your tank is 20gal and mine about 26gal, pretty much nano.

woah ccapt, thanks for heads up, I guess I'll research for a better one, thinking of CPR, but a little steep on price :)

Back
Top Bottom