RO/DI system help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azul17

Aquarium Advice Activist
I will be buying a new RODI system and I would like your feedback on which is the best rodi out there??

Hands down. 4-stage 75GPD RO/DI value PLUS package from BRS(Bulk Reef Supply). Bought one a few weeks back and has been a breeze!

Oh yeah forgot to say. The "plus" package comes with a built in TDS meter, a built in pressure gauge and a membrane flush kit, plus attachments for the sink/faucet

I have a Vertex Puritek 100gpd. Comes with built in TDS, booster pump and is 4 stage.

Agree with Dans180, but 5 stage if you can afford the couple extra bucks. Super easy to set up even if you don't hard plumb it... I put it away after every use. Go BRS all day long, the real cheap ones are, well, real cheap.

image-3920434409.jpg

Thank you very much for the feedback. I want to do the same Put it away after every use

Azul17 said:
Thank you very much for the feedback. I want to do the same Put it away after every use

That's what I do as I'm living in an apartment right now so I kinda can't tap into the plumbing haha

By the way benamayer, I was just checking and the 5 stage is $10 cheaper than the 4 stage. What's the difference between 4 and 5 stage?

Azul17 said:
By the way benamayer, I was just checking and the 5 stage is $10 cheaper than the 4 stage. What's the difference between 4 and 5 stage?

Sure you were looking at the 5 stage plus? It's the one with the TDS meter, membrane flush kit, and pressure gauge...It's normally around $200, get in a group buy and it's around $175...

Yea, you're right. I wasn't looking at the Plus one. 5 stage Plus is $199 and 4 stage plus is 169. How do I get into a group?

I'm pretty sure the last one just ended on Friday. Keep an eye out for a thread on Group Buys, as they do get announced...

No problem good luck... Even if ya buy it at $199, it will be free shipping most likely anyways :cool:

Yea I think I'm just going to get it. It'll be my Christmas gift lol.

Nice... Don't get frustrated if the sink adaptor doesnt fit, mine didn't, and I think they say in the shipping details it doesn't fit all sinks. Lowes will have an adaptor for a few bucks!

It's not a completely new adaptor, it will work with the one that comes with it...

Ok, I just placed the order. Once I get it ill see if it fits if not ill just get an adaptor. Not a big deal. Thank you so much for all your help!

If you have any questions let me know... It appears confusing when you unpack everything!

Bought 5 stage Typhoon III with the tds meter through air water and ice...was about same price as BRS's but came with one complete filter replacement free. So I'm good for about 2 years before I have to spend 50 bucks on filters, also I got the 100 gpd output because I run RO to sink and ice maker and I have a 32 gallon brute garbage can setup for RO/DI

Back
Top Bottom