Stands!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackiee

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need a stand for a 29 gallon. Any recommendations on where you got yours? And price?

Built a stand for a 70gal myself, cost factor $90 with nice doors, brass hinges etc., incl. hood (without light).

Look into the DIY section of this forum to find instructions, or search google.

Build your own is the way to go. Here's a pic of a double 29, it will give you an idea of what the underneath of a finished stand looks like. For a single tank, ignore the top half;

s23qm.jpg

Here's one of a 65 stand skinned with plywood, stained & finished with a hood made out of the leftovers;

dsc000563bw.jpg

The 29x2 stand cost around $30, the one for the 65 arond $120. I'm no carpenter, if I can do it, anyone can.

DIY is way better!! Most of the cheap commercial stands are made of particle boards ... not strong, plus will disintergrate in water ... therefore will not last long. For the same price, you can DIY a stand that will last generations.

If you want to go commercial, I would suggest spending a bit more & getting something made out of solid wood (or at least plywood), or perhaps a cast iron stand. Big Al,s in town has solid pine stands for pretty good price ($300 for 55 gal). Don't know if they have those on line.

I don't like iron stands myself. They don't distribut weight evenly and if there is a slight slope in your floor............

I do agree DIY is the way to go. MDF or Plywood works well with a sealant on them.

Back
Top Bottom