Tank Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karegg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Looking to buy our first tank and we need a little help on finding a good deal. What are reasonable prices for tank/stand combos?

It really depends on what size tank and what it will be salt or fresh . :)

Looking to get a freshwater tank, most likely a 29-gallon. But depending on the cost of some larger tanks, maybe something closer to a 50?

I got two of my tanks used on craigslist.com I got my 30 gallon with filter, hood, light, heater, air pump, stand, gravel, lots of plants and various other accessories for $50. I thought it was a great deal.

I honestly can't remember what I paid for my 29 gallon setup. I would look at several local pet shops as well as the chains before I made my decision. For example, I buy all my tanks at one shop about 50 miles from my house because they have deals that you can't beat anywhere else in the area.

$1.00 per gallon is a good general rule of thumb when it comes to used tanks on something like Craigslist. Be picky and wary about used though.

I agree with Courtney 8526. I am pretty new here and have just been reading alot, but I have been searching Craigslist for the past 2 weeks and just purchased a great system dirt cheap. I would check there or other classifieds in your area. There is always plenty out there because of moves,etc. Good luck!

tanks at store fronts can be pricy, where i work, it's like...8.99 for a ten gallon...30 sumthing for a 20 gallon and so on

Back
Top Bottom