Topfin 20 Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
On my 20 gallon planted, i only have a topfin filter and it isnt the best. it came with the kit before i knew much about aquariums and now all it does is trickle out. i will clean the sponges and then a day later again just trickles. Is it the filter or me? should i go and by a whisper or aqua clear? will those have a full a full stream going into the tank and not trickles? thanks

I have an aquaclear 70 on my 75 gal it works great I had a wisper 40 on my 29 till I replaced it with a emperor 280. If your chioses are the aquaclear or the wisper get the aquaclear it is much more versityle than the wisper and cheaper to use it has a sponge you just rinse and you can just get a madia bag to use bulk carbon and other filter media to use rather than buying expencive cartriges.

if you buy a new one, the aqua clears get really good reviews from what here. does the filter on there now have an udjustable intake tube? does it move up and down? i know i used to have a filter that had to have the tube pushed all the way down, or it would hardly go.

i know that the aqua clears usually have good flow rate. i was gonna get the ac 101, (i think its the 300 or something now.) Its flow was like, 300 gph i think. but that would be overkill on your tank

Well A/C filters are good for sure, they provide excellent flow. As for your topfin, have you cleaned the impeller?

Back
Top Bottom