Upgrading lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spotted

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I need some opinions. I currently am running a 2 bulb fixture over my FOWLR 120 tank. it's ok, but I want to start getting into corals.
I have been looking at 2 different fixtures. Both 6 bulb. One is the ATI Sun Power cause I'm not made of money and I understand ATI is a good fixture. The other is the Sun Supply TEK Elite.
Which would you get? the TEK is $100 cheaper then the ATI.
What are the differences between the 2? They both seem to have the same features.
I need some help!!!
Thanks
:confused:

If you eventually want to get into some of the harder corals I would go with the 6 bulb. If the wattage is the same, I would get the cheapest one. Later on, you can upgrade bulbs to ATI....etc.

I would go with an 8 lamp fixture if I was doing a 120 reef. The Tek fixtures are fine. You could use a hydroponics fixture for a lot less.
Here's one that's pretty cheap. I used a similar fixture over my tanks for a while, only My reflectors were smooth, not hammertone. It's hanging in my garage now, since I got my LEDs...which is another option.
8 Lamps 4Ft T5 HO Fluorescent Grow Light 48" Bloom Veg Bulb 95% German Reflector | eBay
here's another that's super cheap....
C.A.P. MaxLume T5 High Output Fluorescent Fixtures - Discount Hydroponics
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Lamps-4Ft...A%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=21&pmod=290695215481&ps=54

Back
Top Bottom