Water movement question......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've read over and over again about how it is ideal to have at least 10x over water movement in the tank..... I recently added another PH to my setup and am pushing anywhere from 1000gph to 1200gph in a 60 gal tank.....

My question is, is this alright??? I did this because I keep reading that the more water movement the better..... the PH's are going in different directions..... any advice would be appreciated......

Just try to ensure that you don't have any dead spots in your tank. This will help keep cyano at bay and make for a much healthier tank. It sounds like you have a pretty good flow rate for a 60 Gal :D

Jim

c0mf0rt said:
and am pushing anywhere from 1000gph to 1200gph in a 60 gal tank........

That's fine as long as you're not having trouble with the temp. More water flow = more friction = more heat.

The temp is fine... I checked it this morning.... all is good then... thanks for the help...

flow sensitive critters will need some realitivly calm areas in your tank. beware of dead zones, but also beware of sunami zones!!!

Back
Top Bottom