What filter is good for a 45 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hemmer

Aquarium Advice Activist
currently i have a penguin bio wheel. Its not working well anymore and i also have a cpr bak pak skimmer that seems to be doing all the filtration right now. What kind of filter do you recommend? Is there anything that keeps splash levels low, because i hate salt creep.

Hi hemmer!
with my 45 im currently using a marineland 350 magnum which works great and really keeps the water clean and the Outlet Tube comes with a Split-Flow Diffuser which i think ud like cuz theres no splashing!!
check it out u mite like it

hemmer
I have an XP2 on my 46 gallon.
It keeps the water crystal clear and it's easy to maintain.
I mounted the spraybaar about 4 inches from the bottom so there is very little surface agitation.

Charles

I say dont go with a filter. Use LR and a skimmer for proper filtration. I know alot of folks that have never used filters on their reef. I used LR and a skimmer for my first 7 yrs with no problem.

Really? I was told by my lfs that i needed to still use a filter. Btw i have 60 lbs of live rock and my skimmer. If that is all i need, then that is all i will use.

Back
Top Bottom