10 gallon planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Heres an almost full tank shot of my 10 gallon planted. A few of the plants in there didn't make it, but most are still in there.

Attachments

• fulltank_848.jpg
    fulltank_848.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 300
Anubias barteri
Cryptocoryne crispatula
Dwarf Subulata
Marsilea minuta
Sag subulata
Anubias nana
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Hydrocotyl leucocephala
Cryptocoryne petchii
Java Fern
Ludwigia repens(dead)
water sprite (dead)
Fox tail
blyxa aubertii
christmass moss
willow moss
Sagittaria platyphyla (spoon leaf var.)
crinum
monoselenium

Bit much eh? Some of those are destined for my 90 gallon, and are getting out of control. The pennywort doubles in size every week, and the clover floated up out of the substrate and is reproducing like a snail blocking out light. Thats why I have plenty of clover for sale. I have to take handfuls out a few times a week :?
I threw out most of the foxtail, as it was growing as much as the pennywort and shading my whole tank. I throw out so much of those three......ugh

Have you thought of selling your excess plants to your LFS? I sell mine African fern and dwarf sags and occasionally cryptocoryne wendtii. It helps pay for my "habit".

Wow thats super cool! Hopefully i can get different plants than just lilys and Aponogeton in my tank. I wish i had some java moss.

Is that a fan grille on the substrate?

Yeah, I have some monoselenium trying to take root. It has no roots, its almost like macro algae. most of it died due to lack of light, due to lack of care during my surgery. I still have a very small amount that held on.

Have you thought of selling your excess plants to your LFS? I sell mine African fern and dwarf sags and occasionally cryptocoryne wendtii. It helps pay for my "habit".

Well, some of those are going to go into my new tank. After that I might try to sell some of the excess. Thtas a good idea though, Once I can get my penny wort in that 90 I'll probably have pounds of it to sell :)

Hi dr_g.. absolutely beautiful tank !

I'm still learning my plants, could you please identify this plant for me :)

Thx,

Dave

Attachments

• grass.jpg
    grass.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 51
its blyxa aubertii. I have dwarf sag in the front left, its only about 2 inches high.

That's beautiful. I sure wish I had the patience for plants. I've tried so many time but they all end up dying on me. It does look very nice.

Back
Top Bottom