10G community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

koffee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
D-10g-082105-004.jpg

The pic is a little blury... sorry.

All fake plants (except for the algae), with a "typical" HOB filter, heater, and hood. All this is similar to what comes with a "deluxe" kit, though they have been replaced over time. It also has a basic air stone.

Critters include: 1 unknown snail, 1 unknown eel-like thing (about 4"), 10 neon tetras, 3 mollies, 1 unknown tetra, 2-3 aquatic frogs, 2-3 algea eating shrimp. I think most of the fish are full grown. I have to take better photos and do some research to figure out what some of these things really are.

Maintaining this tank consists of topping off evaporated water (with tap) every few weeks. A few times a year, it is stirred up, and around 50% of the resulting messy water is removed, replaced with tap. The carbon/floss filter insert is also rinsed off at that point. All the murk settles to the bottom again.

Lat time I checked, ammonia/nitrites/nitrates were all at (or very close to) ZERO. I'm surprised it works, actually. Nothing has died in at least half a year, and the tank was moved across town 3 months ago.[/img]

Back
Top Bottom