30L Biorb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red got his PWC and vacuum today. Moved his plants around and took out a Java that was getting a bit large. It's all so new and he's very suspicious of everything!IMG_1482122736.163513.jpg

Looks smaller than 30 litre without seeing it next to something. They are interesting little tanks. You decorate them well [emoji846]

The shape magnifies the fish if just in the right spot too. So Red looks huge.

PWC and vacuum today. No more Christmas decorations. And tasty bloodworms for dinner. IMG_1483409567.055666.jpg

Yesterday did a full tear down. Cleaned the under gravel sponges and 50% water change. Replaced the diffuser and installed the new pump.
IMG_7359.jpgIMG_7361.jpg

PWC and light vacuum. IMG_7469.jpg

Reds definitely getting more white on his face. Looks like an old man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usual maintenance this weekend. Put some guppy grass in for the Betta to lounge in.

Treated Red for worms this week. Problem is, it wasn't worms. He is still hanging out on the bottom. See red blob on bottom right, that's him. Increased the temp and fasting him again. Next option treat with Maracyn 2 for bacteria. IMG_7801.jpg

Poor baby, hope something works to get him back up and spunky again.

Pinch or 2 of salt?

Maybe an additional worm treatment in the appropriate time frame if this doesn't work. (Sometimes the worms are bad and need a second dosing.)

Poor Red.

After having dogs all muy life and then getting in to fish, it can be very frustrating that it's not easy to take these guys to the vet and find out what's really wrong.

I took a video yesterday.

https://youtu.be/qVxg9OYA8vg

Charles (expert fish geek) thinks he's just old and tired.

I do put salt in the water. I have increased the temp to 80-81. He is laying around the front now instead of the back by the heater.

Well to 2 week pea/fast diet is over and still not swimming around much. My hubbie thinks he's old and bored. So we got him some eye candy. 6 Endlers. Not sure what kind but he is definitely moving around more to watch them. IMG_7903.jpgIMG_7963.jpgIMG_7969.jpgIMG_7991.jpg

PWC today too.

Back
Top Bottom