coralbandits fish room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice rams! I never liked rams much till I seen yours.very Pretty! The swordtails are pretty neat too. Never seen them kind. Interesting how they're bread. Learn something new everyday.

Always looking to help out fellow hobbyist V. Sounds like you got some pretty cool monsters there !:cool: I have a 'hard enough time' making room for the 'little fish' I breed...When/if Mrs. bandit and I move back upstairs I may have 2 more rooms for fish ! I finished the whole basement many years ago. :whistle:
But bringing 6' tanks into the basement is something I don't like the 'long term' picture of...Still going to need help if I ever want the 4' 120g out of the basement.. Small tanks are easy !(y)

I am living the dream TB ! I never thought I would be where I am in this hobby.
I am lucky with fish and that Mrs. bandit is very tolerant of my 'hobby'.
The 'red' rams as I call them are BIG to me. Not in size but they are mine ! I made these guys and have plenty of brothers and sisters still younger to breed and sell. I am hoping the F1 [fry from the red] will be even more outstanding ,but this something I just need to wait and see. :popcorn:
Having so many tanks[50+ and adding 10 more soon] makes it way easier to just let fish have time and get comfy...I have several tanks that have fish I received from other great breeders that have been doing nothing but getting fat and happy for the last couple[2-4] months with other recent additions that are enjoying their place in the fish room also..It is nice to have fish to 'work' and fish to watch... The fry keep me tinkering every day so I can just leave some of the others alone.:dance:
A; you might laugh but I was never into rams either ! I got them for my wife and the rest is history ! :eek::brows:

So doing usual cleaning and inspecting I found something I have been waiting for ....:whistle:
One of the 2 females jumped to the swordtail tank next door and I figured there might be a reason...Being suspicious I left her with them and proceeded to inspect a little closer

Finally with just 1 male and 1 female I have found eggs in the P.Taeniatus Moliwe tank ! Since these guys are supposed to be good parents and I am pretty sure wild I left them with her. There are two caves in the 20g and he hangs in one alone or with her and she went into the other alone .I do not think he is allowed anymore....I also left the eggs as they are in a cave not a tray I am familiar with and I'll give them a chance before I start taking them.. If the hatch I will move parent to new tank within a month..
I know you can't see the eggs but TRUST ME they are there ,almost directly over her head on the side of her...
Day early Thanksgiving celebration is about to begin !:dance:

So doing usual cleaning and inspecting I found something I have been waiting for ....:whistle:
One of the 2 females jumped to the swordtail tank next door and I figured there might be a reason...Being suspicious I left her with them and proceeded to inspect a little closer

Finally with just 1 male and 1 female I have found eggs in the P.Taeniatus Moliwe tank ! Since these guys are supposed to be good parents and I am pretty sure wild I left them with her. There are two caves in the 20g and he hangs in one alone or with her and she went into the other alone .I do not think he is allowed anymore....I also left the eggs as they are in a cave not a tray I am familiar with and I'll give them a chance before I start taking them.. If the hatch I will move parent to new tank within a month..
I know you can't see the eggs but TRUST ME they are there ,almost directly over her head on the side of her...
Day early Thanksgiving celebration is about to begin !:dance:
Cool Beans!:)

Sweet! She say” that girl crazy” and jumped out. I like it
Good luck I’m curious at how well they parent. I have read they have spawns around 50 or so

I am thinking only 20 or so but I am not really sure?
Good luck I’m curious at how well they parent. I have read they have spawns around 50 or so
Hard to count in the cave . To add to my inability I just took eggs from my platinum angels that are somewhere between 4-600 , so 20 ,50 yea around there I think !:eek:
Thanks guys !

Just found what should be the LAST EGGS of the day! I placed a large tray in the corner of my 180g yesterday as I noticed 'activity' in the usual place with my EBA..
Another large clutch of eggs to go into hatching container...I wanted these as I have let the last several spawns go 'natural in the big tank.
Here they are

And here are the platinums eggs
In MB

You can see these eggs !(y)

That is a bunch
Yea I have no complaints except the usual..Need more tanks !
On that note the 75g that held 200+ EBA got drained and is waiting to be removed...The EBA moved into the 80g with their remaining 50 or so older brothers and sisters..
So I wil be getting my newest rack installed this weekend [ I love 4 day weekends !]..I have all the wood precut to match all my other stands.This rack will have three rows with 5@5.5 in each row..
I am now in possession of all new heaters and sponges ,and 10 more 5.5g to match the 5 that are under the 75g now...I like my design so no sense changing it ,this stand load is lightweight in compare to my other two that hold 60 -80 g each row.When these get up and running I have fry or pairs for every tank already !:brows:

A little music if you like
Ok had a 85% hatch with the platinum angels and today looks like 99% dead?
First spawn for me and them so ? Angels are usually no sweat for me so I will just wait for next set of eggs.
About 75% of the EBA eggs hatched and are well today.
Removed the 75 g tank that had 5 @5.5g under it and put my NEW RACK up this am.!
Here is before with the 75 already gone.....

Next the rack wood is assembled in place since I pre cut everything and am fitting into tight space...I 'dado/notch/let' the runners into the legs so the wood supports the weight not the fastners. I used 4@ 4" screws for each runner [pre drilled].Then I cover 2x4 runner with 1x5 and stainless steel fasteners for a nice lip on the rack.

This is my 4th out of 5 racks like this and I really like the design so I just keep repeating/resizing it to fit tanks.
Rack up with original 5@5.5g in place and running..

Next with lights..

I am using 2@48" reef bar 8,000 K with dimmers for each row...

Next with 10 new 5.5..

Next with accessories for each tank..

It is like Santa brought this set up complete !

I will have 10 air valves per row so I can run the 2 sponge filters in each tank.
This will be run off an Alita 6A dedicated to these 15 tanks plus the 9 @10g on other side of closet. Yes this was a 'walk through' closet ! :eek:
Also still need to install power strips for each row to run the heaters.
I have been planning this for some time so all this stuff did not show up all at once. For about the last month I have been getting bits and pieces for this set up via online or my LFS where I had enough credit to get all 10 new tanks easy....:cool:
Very excited with this set up as I have mentioned before ,I enjoy the building side of my aquatic hobby as much as the keeping /breeding side.
All of this was paid for by my beloved rams so they will gain the most[ besides ME] from this...:dance:

Looks great! - I sure hope Ken and a few others at least send you a Christmas card
Thanks man !
No cards needed !
Besides the PayPal debit MC $$$ !!!
Ken has shipped at least 5 boxes in the last 2 weeks with yet another one coming today just ordered Thurs. Night ! No mistakes and just what my little CDO mind wants... CDO is OCD for those of you not afflicted enough to be bothered by alphabetical order :facepalm:...
I mean I am so CDO that todays box has 2 more AC110s so the 2@ 60g match the 80g under them that got the AC110 from the 75 !:nono:

Good work! Question, does your fish room have dedicated circuits or can a typical household electric circuit handle this volume of juice?

Thanks Mike .
The fish room is run off common 15amp circuit ! It was once my sons room that I built !
If I plug in my dehumidifier in the room it pops ! So I run it in the other room adjoining the closet and room #2.
I run some of the tanks off a second 15 amp circuit in the utility part of the fish room.
I have "3 rooms' with 2 circuits if you count this closet section with 24 tanks as a room.
Over 50 tanks with a heater in most ,although with the door closed the room hovers around 78f .Surprisingly I don't really note additions to fish room on my electric bill.
All lights are LED ,some water pumps are DC ,and only using 39 wats on two air pumps now[Alita 6A and 15A].Thinking of upgrading to a 25 A or 40A to run all.
I have an extra new 15A on the shelf for emergency so if I incorporate that one I will need to replace....

Thank you, good info. On one hand when you look at what we use, led helps, there can’t be that much amperage. On the other, worst case adding a breaker is pretty low tech. I just absolutely hate messing with electricity

Back
Top Bottom