More fish pics-Warning lots of pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Still playing with the tripod. I sure can't deny it is much easier to get clearer shots!

1001826.jpg

1001831.jpg

1001832.jpg

1001834.jpg

1001836.jpg

1001838.jpg

1001828.jpg

Nice pics. LOve discus want discus but can't get them in this area at all. Have to drive 150+ miles to get them and don't thank they'd make the trip. But I also don't know if my water in this area would allow me to house them.

GREAT PICTURES!!!!!!!!1

Thanks! There are many online breeders of discus. You could probably find one close enough to you to make it worthwhile. My discus are thriving and my water parameters are not the perfect ideal for discus. My ph is a bit higher than they like but it is stable and that seems to be the most important thing. Do you have a water softener in your house?

Yea I have one on my water on the ice box. LOL I use it for few of my breding tanks. It sets the water primes at.
PH/ 6.5
GH/80ppm
KH/ 60 to 80ppm at times. That depends on how much I use it. I've got a in line filter by culligan/ sediment filter, Softener a ladie gave me a few weeks back. I just havn't put it on the line. Lazy I guess. LOL it reduces alka,lime,carbon.chlorrian, and a few others I can't re menber. Would that help? str8 from the tap my water is some of the hardest in the U.S.
PH/7.8 to8.0
GH/ 300ppm
KH/ 300ppm to 225ppm
There is one thing going for me in this area. That's that the state of Texas no longer can dose water with chlorian. I tell you what. I've been wanting to do this for a while now. So if i really what Discus I thank I'll do it today sometime. I'll go by my local water treatment plant and get a read out of my water.
That's a good place to start don't you thank? LOL

Very nice pics, I thought about getting a couple of discus but don't have a big enough tank to keep them happy. Yet!

Back
Top Bottom