My 55g planted/turtle/fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkdubs2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have this tank posted in another forum for help with turtle stuff but I wanted to get it out in the fish community too to see if anyone has suggestions on fish or plants or decor. Obviously the fish will need to be suitable to live with the turtle (i.e. Big enough). Currently the tank is cycling with one dwarf gaurami in it seeded with est. filter media to speed the process along. Have some plants in it too along with rock and driftwood. Obviously the dwarf will be moved back to his old tank when the turtle and other fish are introduced. Just wanted to get a few suggestions. Any questions about tank just ask as well. Thanks!

awesome looking tank! i have one nooby question though

dont turtles need something dry to lay on? i see you have the little dock...

Actually if you look at the pic the dock turns into a ramp to go up to the basking area. Here another pic of the dock.

Jenn27 said:
Oh that is cool!! Looks awesome!

Haha thanks. But I'm still looking on advice for the fish/plant area mentioned above. So any suggestions from anyone?

Your tank in looking great!
here is a pic of my 55 gallon red eared slider and south American cichlids, I have a jack Dempsey and a couple convicts in it. Fish and turtles get along great (though the turtle tried to eat them at first and then gave up). But she has eaten quite a few smaller slower fish in the past. And she eats any plants right always (even tried to eat the fake ones at first)
I like your basking area it's similar to what I did by cutting the bottom off of a 20ish gallon and putting it on top (maximum swimming room :)

Vey nice tank and turtle. I like the basking area cuz you can see the turtle basking. Also I'm trying to get so suckered in the tank so it keeps the turtle distracted mostly from the other plants but we shall see I guess. Check out my aquarium turtle advice thread if you wanna see more detail of the basking area. I'm thinking of getting a Texas map.

Fishandmusic81 said:
Dude that's an amazing tank :eek:
I really wanna try something like this now lol
What's the background on the basking area??

You talking to me or flipmikeskater?

Fishandmusic81 said:
To flipmikeskater the rock looking background on his turtles basking area

I think it's called a 3D background or something like that.

Fishandmusic81 said:
Dude that's an amazing tank :eek:
I really wanna try something like this now lol
What's the background on the basking area??

Its a DIY 3D background built out of styrofoam concrete and paint, there are tons of how to videos on you tube they are awesome.
And thanks for the compliment

Back
Top Bottom