My 75gal work in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeepItFresh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just got the tank up and running. I had the drift would soaking in another tank of water with rocks stacked on top for months trying to get them to sink, no luck though. Finally I decided to buy Marineland fish safe silicone and glued thin pieces of slate rock to the base of the wood. Tank still looks a little bare though. Going to add some rocks to help fill in some space. Then I will begin adding plants which should give it some nice contrast and make it look more natural. Going to keep it low tech for now and see how that goes. Right now I'm using a reaction efu-45 for filtration but I will be adding a h.o.b. filter or two. I also have a Rio 1400 power head to keep the water circulating nice.
I have had small cichlid tanks in the past and I am a little bored of those so I'm going to try a community tank so I can have a bunch of different species. Let me know what you guys think so far. This is the biggest tank I've had to date so I'm pretty excited. I'll add more pictures as i add stuff to the tank. Be patient though because between work and my car hobby it's hard to find time for the tank =P

I attached a video but it's not uploading I'll try uploading a pic...

Attachments

• 20140722_085235.jpg
    20140722_085235.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 147
Sorry guys I guess this forum isn't android friendly? I tried added a video but it didn't post and any picture I upload is upside down?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom