Staring at the face of danger...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fatcatmatt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A while back my blue velvet shrimp got pregnant.

I have almost zero hopes to see any shrimplets considering how my dwarf gourami enjoys picking on Java moss and plants.

To my surprise, I found one a few days ago. And the past couple of days it went missing. I held a memorial for baby shrimp. Light a candle for every baby shrimp that every dwarf gourami think is food.. said some kind words, on its short well lived life.

‘It was a kind shrimplet, a heart of gold, a friend well loved by all...’

Lo and behold! It appeared today, boldly in front of the dwarf gourami. It quickly came up for food and went back into hiding.

I blew out the candles and put on the party hat, as I whispered to my tank. ‘Stay strong little one, just a month’s time, you will not be able to fit in the gourami’s mouth’.

Here’s the the picture - staring in the eyes of danger.

Attachments

• 552BA3F6-57B4-4BCC-BCE3-D45F1315E80E.jpg
    552BA3F6-57B4-4BCC-BCE3-D45F1315E80E.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 43
So I stayed up till 3am a couple of nights ago, turned on a dim light just to see if I could get to see a different aquarium activity at night.

Whilst the fishes quietly float around or hide to rest.. man, the shrimps sure are active! I guess it helps that I left the leafy plants in front, so I get to see some of the activity up close.

In fact.. I found 3 shrimplets in total. They are tiny. Pretty much like —— that’s it.

Oh I found one! There are 2 shrimps in this photo. Spot them!

Attachments

• 8A3F8C27-8B9C-4F29-87CA-CFC2B229534D.jpg
    8A3F8C27-8B9C-4F29-87CA-CFC2B229534D.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom