35gal reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bearchumjs said:
Yeah, they need shade and you have to target feed them a few times a week because they don't have the symbiotic algea growing inside them like photosynthetic coral.

I tried a dendro 14 years ago and fed it almost every day but it still wasted away. There's much better coral food available now but they're still one of the toughest corals to keep. Julian Sprung has a tank with non photosynthetic corals but it's one heck of a crazy system. I admit defeat to these guys. lol

I tried a dendro 14 years ago and fed it almost every day but it still wasted away. There's much better coral food available now but they're still one of the toughest corals to keep. Julian Sprung has a tank with non photosynthetic corals but it's one heck of a crazy system. I admit defeat to these guys. lol

I hope I can save it. It looks like it wants to open but never quite opens.

Bearchumjs said:
How often do you feed it? I read that you can over feed them easily.

Really? Maybe I need to do some fresh reading. I always read that they needed lots of feeding but that was a few years back. Lots of feeding didn't seem to help mine so you could be right.

Looks like I need to do some more reading myself.
Picked up a nice piece of live rock tonight. Going to try to build a nice overhang to give the Dendrophyllia some shade. Just hope work gives me a break so I can make it happen.

Looks like I need to do some more reading myself.
Picked up a nice piece of live rock tonight. Going to try to build a nice overhang to give the Dendrophyllia some shade. Just hope work gives me a break so I can make it happen.

Tony u working tomorrow?

apet66 said:
Here is a link to a Dendrophyllia thread. Apparently they need to be fed often.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/coral-health/dendro-owners-70868-16.html

Yeah, that was always my understanding. All the research I had done on them was over 10 years ago but it was pretty exhaustive. I was hoping something has changed about our understanding. It looks like people know of better foods at least. That's a big plus.

Back
Top Bottom