Evans 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard that you'd need 1 fixture for every 2 feet. Meaning you'd need two for a standard 55 g long tank. :) but that's just the word on the street. I'm still trying to figure the LED thing out. Lol

I've heard that you'd need 1 fixture for every 2 feet. Meaning you'd need two for a standard 55 g long tank. :) but that's just the word on the street. I'm still trying to figure the LED thing out. Lol

Depends on what fixture you have but thats sounds like an ok rull of thumb. Id def get 2 on a 4 ft. Tank.

If I could afford another light I'd get another! This does the job, but just barely. Any bigger of a tank and you'd need 2. The specs say the coverage of this light is 6ft. But that's cutting it. Maybe you'd be fine with one over a 55 cube or something

If I could afford another light I'd get another! This does the job, but just barely. Any bigger of a tank and you'd need 2. The specs say the coverage of this light is 6ft. But that's cutting it. Maybe you'd be fine with one over a 55 cube or something

Yep. I have a 39 gallon so id imagine they are pretty much the same size. The one fixture does good. Doesnt get the far sides too well but that just gives you a place for low light corals

Found my wrasse on the floor today. :( I need to work on getting something better to cover the tank.

Bummer!!!! Sorry to hear about your wrasse bro. Screen too kit from bulk reef supply with a roll of quarter inch screen. Or you can just order the screen and get the parts from Home Depot or lowes.

Bummer!!!! Sorry to hear about your wrasse bro. Screen too kit from bulk reef supply with a roll of quarter inch screen. Or you can just order the screen and get the parts from Home Depot or lowes.

Yeah I will! This has been my first saltwater fish death :/

At least it was a legitimate death. Try getting a new fish home from the local store and then having it croak 2 days later. Then the store says they have no policy on livestock even though I had immaculate water parameters. Not even store credit or partial credit towards a future purchase.

Sorry about your wrasse. That really stinks. Your tank looks fantastic though!

That tank is looking good! I had a mccosker flasher wrasse before that jumped out of my tank through the eggcrate top 3 Times. Luckily i was there all 3. Sorry for the loss.

I had bought a high fin goby, i covered up the top, and still found him on the carpet the next day :/

Tank looks good though!

Thanks guys! :)

So I think I'm gonna get either 3 cardinal fish or 3 chromis soon! Which Do you guys prefer?

i would do cardinals personally ive heard chromis will kill each other until there is only one left. were you thinking banggai or pajamas?

That's a tough one. I actually just put three chromis in my 40B and they are very beautiful and active little suckers. I also like the way Cardinals seem to hover in place and are less skiddish than Chromis.

Back
Top Bottom