Evans 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys! :)

This is the biggest tank I can have at the moment, so I'm happy with it. Later on down the road I will go bigger hopefully

So I got a six line wrasse and treated myself to a nice chalice! :)

And where are the pictures? You cant post that you got something new without pictures, come on now! Lol really though, we all like pics!

So my chalice literally lost all it's color overnight and it's pretty much white now :( so tired of the inconsistencies involved with this hobby :(

Okay guys, so obviously I'm doing something wrong here. I'm gonna buy a reef test kit soon and probably start dosing won't things. Anyone recommend a good system?

Good luck to you. I hope you figure it out. I'm sure I speak for most everyone when I say we have all been there at one time or another and understand.

Thanks for all the support guys! :) so the tanks doing better! Another one of my sps coral bleached out, overnight, but all my other coral is looking much better and the fish are happy as can be! They eat like crazy so that's good!

I was really thinking about getting out of the hobby if this tank didn't make it, but things are getting better so hopefully it stabilizes so I can enjoy looking at my tank and not look at my corals decaying in front of my eyes

Thanks for all the support guys! :) so the tanks doing better! Another one of my sps coral bleached out, overnight, but all my other coral is looking much better and the fish are happy as can be! They eat like crazy so that's good!

I was really thinking about getting out of the hobby if this tank didn't make it, but things are getting better so hopefully it stabilizes so I can enjoy looking at my tank and not look at my corals decaying in front of my eyes

Don't let one tank tanking chase you from the hobby. Your 20 is amazing.

What kind of lighting is that? Size? Brand? Is that 10k Or actinic or both? How many bulbs? The scoop please! Looks awesome!

Looks like mine but mine is black. I have a 120 watt Xen-Lux brand that has bridgelux leds. 10K and actinics. I forget how many bulbs.

Depends if you want alot of certain corals. I would def recomend 2 of those for a 55 if its 4' wide. My 39 is 3' wide and is say its max for that light IMO. But mine was cheap for leds. But works good. Not sure what the OP is using.

Back
Top Bottom