jose7878 new 150 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quality of the pics aren't great they were taken with my phone. So the colors aren't as vibrant as they really are.

NyteGTI said:
it was a bit of a sale, they were giving us club pricing aka 30-40% off :) at least kyle was for us, dunno who you were talking to to get yours.

I was with Mac not sure if I got the 30-40% off with him but whatever I'm happy with what I got. Lol

So far all 38 corals are looking good polyps are all extended. I still have them on a frag rack a inch off the sandbed. I'll give them a few more days and slowly raise them a little higher before putting them in the final spots.

I decided to make a Algae Turf Scrubber out of a 5gal bucket. Just to see if this works out for me. If it does work out for me I will build something a little better. In the mean time this will do.

Attachments

• image-1181729047.jpg
    image-1181729047.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 145
  • image-2716555417.jpg
    image-2716555417.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 143
  • image-1975921713.jpg
    image-1975921713.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 125
The lights need to be pointing directly at the screen and not from above . Also you need one light on each side.

Hondatek said:
The lights need to be pointing directly at the screen and not from above . Also you need one light on each side.

The light is hitting the screen directly the picture isn't really showing it to good. I will be buying another light today.
I built this out of the moment and had just one of the light laying around the house.

I'll give it a couple days and see what happens and if it not producing enough algae I will take your advice and raise it higher

Anyone else with opinions feel free to comment. I always take suggestions.

Cool deal . Mine is still new but it is almost all green now since I moved my lights around . Good luck with it.

Hondatek said:
Cool deal . Mine is still new but it is almost all green now since I moved my lights around . Good luck with it.

How long did it take for it to start forming algae?

I cut the sides out so the lights would hit the screen more directly like Hondatek suggested.

Attachments

• image-659802368.jpg
    image-659802368.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 136
  • image-188361379.jpg
    image-188361379.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 133
Okay I'm bout start buying some fish soon. Any suggestion. As of this moment I have a Coral Beauty , Yellow tang and Green/Blue Chromis.

I know my first of fish will be a Naso Tang since I told my wife once I get a big tank I would get one for her.

I'm just lost as to what else to get I want a community tank. But I don't want it filled with damsels. Any suggestions.

Okay I'm bout start buying some fish soon. Any suggestion. As of this moment I have a Coral Beauty , Yellow tang and Green/Blue Chromis.

I know my first of fish will be a Naso Tang since I told my wife once I get a big tank I would get one for her.

I'm just lost as to what else to get I want a community tank. But I don't want it filled with damsels. Any suggestions.

Anthias & chromis! both great schooling fish & bright colors.

Some of my fish: melanurus wrasse, pj cardinals, Bangaii cardinal, scooter blenny, maroon clown, lyre tail anthias, green chromis, percula clowns, mandarin goby, Fiji damsel, and of course tangs

Back
Top Bottom