Kevin's 35 gallon acrylic reef tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwandrsn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I am changing tanks in the near future.
I currently have a 36 gallon bow front tank setup that I am not happy with. The bow front tank is 21" tall and I'm tired of being up to my pits almost to do anything at the.bottom. plus the glass is scratched up pretty good and seals are old.
I am getting a 35 gallon acylic tank from Tony (apet66).
Dimensions are 36L x 15.125W x 15.5H if I understood the measurements correctly.

I am going to have the bottom of the tank drilled.

I'm having Synergy Reef Systems build me a neon green overflow to install
http://www.synergyreef.com/

I am using a evo100 light fixture with 14000 whites, 450 & 460 blues

I have a reef keeper lite digital controller with 2 pc4s, sl1 and 3 float switches for a ato setup.

I currently have a 10 gallon sump with hob overflow and a eco plus 396 pump... I'm ditching all of it. I already have a 20 gallon long tank I just have to install baffles and the display tank is being drilled and I'm working on deciding which return pump to use

I'm running a regular hob power filter on my current setup... ditching it as well. Tony is giving me a modded skilter to use until I get a skimmer.

I'm buying a hydor evolution pump and retiring my current hydor and going to keep it as a backup. Also going to keep using the 250gph nano pump to put in the 20long sump.

I also have to build a new stand and canopy... not a big deal. My stand is going to get finished this time lol. My current one still isn't completely enclosed. Already drawing up the plans now.

All my livestock, coral, rock ect. It's just going to be swapped over...

I'm going to be selling the 36 gallon bow front, stand, canopy, custom light hanger, 10 gallon sump, hob overflow, all tubbing for the sump. And I am thinking I'll keep the ecoplus return pump incase I need it for something

Thanks Tony!

Ok I heard back from Synergy Reef Systems and its gonna run $65 for a rectangular overflow. I was originally wanting a half octagon shape but they told me it would look better rectangular and it I wanted it half octagon they can do it but it's gonna have seams every 2" and it will run $90.... so, I guess I'm going with the rectangular overflow :) the neon green is gonna look awesome under my leds

Back
Top Bottom