new 65 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

charmon09

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

I have been watching the forums and a member for some time now and it is time to start my first thread. i will be setting up my new tank when it arrives on Wed, I really liked the dimensions of this tank(36x18x24). It is a deep blue brand and i also got the stand that comes with it. Really hoping my sump and skimmer fit under it, the skimmer was taller than i thought it would b. Some of the equipment that i have gotten for this build is a 20L tank for sump, 10gal tank for refugium, reef octopus 150 in sump skimmer, 550 phosban reactor for bio pellet media, a mag drive 7 as the return pump, 2 hydor pumps on a jbj ocean pulse wavemaker, and 50 lbs of dry rock. i will b moving about 30 lbs. of live rock over from my current tank. i will start posting pics when the tank arrives and also any questions that come up on my end. I am looking forward to any advice that i receive. I am super excited about getting a new tank i saved a long lime for this.below are pictures from of the work i did today. i have made a pvc structure to fit inside the tank and attached some of the rock to it. I am also running my return pump through the pvc and will have several outlets on the towers.

img_1783711_0_f280ab3722318ca51126032de4c51b1c.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have most everything you'll need. :)

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Back
Top Bottom