Rick’s 60g Psychedelic Circus Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. Been wanting one for a long time. It's about an inch long. Nothing too small in the tank. Wondering if I'll have to move it out when i get some clowns.

I went to a new LFS today. Was a bit out of the way, but I've heard so many good things about it. Well what do you know, 20% off all clownfish, including designers. So I chumped the change and bought another pair of extreme black ice clowns. After acclimating for an hour, I put them in a breeders cage inside the tank. I just wanted to make sure they would eat frozen foods. They ate live food just fine at the LFS, but I was just leery to let them go in the tank unless I saw them eat frozen.

They took to the frozen food as quickly as I've seen any fish do. So I let them fly. No joke, within 30 seconds they found my ritteri anemone and started to host right away. No pair of clowns I've had ever hosted so quickly. I really wish I had a camcorder on me instead of the camera I had. Pics below.

Really really hoping this pair makes it. They were at the LFS for 2 weeks, so I'm hoping the chance they die due to shipping is out the window. Really love these guys. Both are around an inch. I'm a bit concerned that they'll get eaten up by the anemone since they're both so small. Just have this voice saying to me that this is all too good to be true.

On a side note, you can see the two new sexy shrimp in some of these pics. Cool to see 4 organisms living on\in one.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 159
Following along. Awesome build! Sorry about all of the losses - seems a bit strange. I don't believe an anemone can eat a fish that isn't sick or on it's way out.

Following along. Awesome build! Sorry about all of the losses - seems a bit strange. I don't believe an anemone can eat a fish that isn't sick or on it's way out.

Yup true Scott. I guess I'm just worried about loosing a good chunk of change. At least with liveaquaria I was able to get store credit. Speaking of which, time to spend that credit on some stuff! =)

AquaRick said:
Anemone from Aquarium Depot. Clowns and shrimp from Aqualife Aquarium.

oh cool I haven't been to aqualife aquarium. How is ? is it better than aquarium depot?

Aqualife has more of a selection it seems, but Aquarium Depot has better prices. Both are very good LFS'. I do like the "feel" of Aquarium Depot more though.

oh ok yea I like aquarium depot.but I would like to go check aqualife aquarium also.

I went to a new LFS today. Was a bit out of the way, but I've heard so many good things about it. Well what do you know, 20% off all clownfish, including designers. So I chumped the change and bought another pair of extreme black ice clowns. After acclimating for an hour, I put them in a breeders cage inside the tank. I just wanted to make sure they would eat frozen foods. They ate live food just fine at the LFS, but I was just leery to let them go in the tank unless I saw them eat frozen.

They took to the frozen food as quickly as I've seen any fish do. So I let them fly. No joke, within 30 seconds they found my ritteri anemone and started to host right away. No pair of clowns I've had ever hosted so quickly. I really wish I had a camcorder on me instead of the camera I had. Pics below.

Really really hoping this pair makes it. They were at the LFS for 2 weeks, so I'm hoping the chance they die due to shipping is out the window. Really love these guys. Both are around an inch. I'm a bit concerned that they'll get eaten up by the anemone since they're both so small. Just have this voice saying to me that this is all too good to be true.

On a side note, you can see the two new sexy shrimp in some of these pics. Cool to see 4 organisms living on\in one.

Awesome! Love this thread!

Hey Red. Funny you should ask. I actually decided to move most of my livestock out of this tank and into my 220g. After loosing my job last month I figured it'd be easier to concentrate on one tank run my LEDs. Moved over all the corals and left a pair of black ice clowns in this tank. I'll probably install baffles on the sump of my larger tank and move these clowns into there and end this tank. I'll probably change this into a species only tank down the road. We'll see. :)

Back
Top Bottom