Rick’s 60g Psychedelic Circus Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Waiting to see how you do with 2 powerheads. I just ordered a single MP10 today for my 60g cube. I'm of the opinion that 2 would be too much flow BUT I will wait and see how it goes with you. :)

Sounds good Carey. I doubt I'll be putting both on max, maybe try out at 3/4th on each. I know it's going to be a lot of flow, so hopefully I can get creative with the aquascaping to create some mid and low flow areas.

idk wth that's means I don't have a sump lol.I plan on upgrading my 55gallon thats y I ask. I need to do research on that plumbing stuff yor talking about.

and yea that's one of my favorite places to go they always give me deals since I live kinda far frm their location. I want a 90gal system or 100gal but it seams a little pricey especially since i don't have any equipment I cud use on the new system

My best advice would be to wait and save to get the system you want. Tbh the tank is one of the cheapest parts of the hobby...its the consumables and larger items that add up quickly. Just take your time! =)

Sometimes juvenile Clownfish will swim together it one big ball, I guess you could count that as schooling, LOL.

Yeah the juveniles school no problem. I wish there was a way to keep em that way! I have seen multiples of clowns (5+ adults) hosting a huge elegance in a large tank but it just seems like a time bomb waiting to go off.

Finished the stand. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Fits a 20g tank underneath. Has a little extra space i might use to fit a custom/diy acrylic auto top off reservoir.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120501_224742.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120501_224742.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 208
Haven't updated in a bit...

Sadly my mandarin bit the bullet. We went on vacation for a couple weeks and our friends who watched the house forgot to feed the small breeder cage where my mandarin was training on frozen food. Sad too, since he was starting to plump up right before we left.:bawl:

On the bright side I've found employment and am enjoying the working world again. Been holding out a bit on the right job but happy now that I did. This hobby is expensive as it is. Nice to have a better income to support this wonderful lifestyle we have. :brows:

Last edited:
AquaRick said:
:bawl::bawl:Haven't updated in a bit...

Sadly my mandarin bit the bullet. We went on vacation for a couple weeks and our friends who watched the house forgot to feed the small breeder cage where my mandarin was training on frozen food. Sad too, since he was starting to plump up right before we left.:bawl:

On the bright side I've found employment and am enjoying the working world again. Been holding out a bit on the right job but happy now that I did. This hobby is expensive as it is. Nice to have a better income to support this wonderful lifestyle we have. :brows:

I'm sorry to hear about the mandarin. I'm happy to hear about the job!

really sorry about your mandarin, total bummer....:-(

I dont know what i would do if I had to be gone from my house for a few days, I would worry so badly.....

grats on the job though, some good news out of a crappy situation....

really sorry about your mandarin, total bummer....:-(

I dont know what i would do if I had to be gone from my house for a few days, I would worry so badly.....

grats on the job though, some good news out of a crappy situation....

Thanks Carey. With the new job and a little one on the way in August; I may have to rethink my plan and go without the mandarins. I just don't think I'll have the time to do multiple feedings every day and make sure they eat. Maybe I can take a shortcut and get an ORA branded mandarin, but I know they still require attention even if they've been eating prepared food.

Unfortuantely my two black ice clowns didn't survive a week. Such a shame too since both had gorgeous blue striping separating their white patches. Never could figure out why they died so quickly. :confused:

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120604_142945.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120604_142945.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 249
  • ForumRunner_20120604_142955.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120604_142955.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 264
Thats a bummer Rick. They were really beautiful clowns, they look pricey as heck!!
Sorry that you lost them.
Best of luck trying to figure out what happened.

Flreefer said:
Thats a bummer Rick. They were really beautiful clowns, they look pricey as heck!!
Sorry that you lost them.
Best of luck trying to figure out what happened.

Thanks bud. Both of them died around the same time. Anthias and starry blenny are just fine. I really think it was the fish themselves. Oh well. I'll get another pair soon. Hope for better luck this time. Besides making sure my tank is spot on, there's not much else i can do.

Yeah, if the Anthias is fine, I would think it was the clowns themselves too. Any Anthias is more difficult than a clown.
Good attitude about it though, happens to us all, once in a while.
Good luck in the future!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Thats awesome!! I really want a lyretail... Is yours happy alone in the 60 g? :)

He probably needs a buddy. I really want a pair of sunburst, but I've had the worst of luck with those fish. I've got a pair of gumdrop coral crouchers that have very similar behavior to a sunburst. Still not sure. I may go for the sunbursts in the 60 and move the bartlett(s) to the 125.

YOU got coral crouchers!!!! I have SOOOO been eying them on live aquaria! How are they, do they swim around alot, are they good with other fish? What do you have them eating? I really really want a pair but the venomous thing was a little off putting.

carey said:
YOU got coral crouchers!!!! I have SOOOO been eying them on live aquaria! How are they, do they swim around alot, are they good with other fish? What do you have them eating? I really really want a pair but the venomous thing was a little off putting.

Yeah, those little fish are awesome. They are named very well. All they do is crouch. They don't really swim per se. Wiggle sounds more appropriate. I don't have a leather or large acro colony for them to host yet so they've been hanging out in the rock work. They are pretty small though. I'm thinking of removing a good 15 or so #'s of rock to give my tank more swimming/viewing room.

Their venomous sting is kinda what drew me to them. It's really not like a bee sting but more like a small prick followed by a numbing sensation. Definitely have some personality though, which is what i wanted. They're eating brine and mysis easily atm. They are a bit slow to food atm so i am target feeding until they get it down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom