Scott's DIY 10 Gallon Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scottayy said:
Don't need to take it off really. The top hinges open. A water change station would be sweet if I had the space.

Those are some nice DIY projects to do.

Thanks! Ya that makes sense, plus i think it might wiggle with screws on it. I put my pwc station in the garage and the heater surprisingly keeps it warm enough even in the winter. I also mounted my rodi above it. It makes pwc really easy. I absolutely hated to do them.

Added some egg crate to the back of my canopy. The firefish might try to jump out of this area.

img_1816347_0_a046113f9221d0bfaae52b47e9fc51e8.jpg

Also, I found this strainer for some pump I had and it fit perfectly inside of my drain pipe (cut a new one also). My concern will be algae and snails. I'll keep an eye on it but I don't want my nano fish going down a 3/4" tube.

img_1816347_1_a564e4873eef7a44d3c44b039a283896.jpg

Right so my blue LED's no longer work. Mad.

10k's work but the 3 blue ones don't. Doesn't make sense. Guess I'll be emailing marineland.

Yep. But I emailed drs foster and smith last night. Just checked my email now and they sent me out a new one already and a pre-paid package for returning this one.

Good service!

scottayy said:
Yep. But I emailed drs foster and smith last night. Just checked my email now and they sent me out a new one already and a pre-paid package for returning this one.

Good service!

TBH, two panorama pro modules would do you much better.

ilostnemo said:
they are about 50 bucks more before shipping then a you couldnt have them directly attached to the top of the canopy because thats where the heat sinks are and they run HOT lol

I know that but since he said he is getting a stunner strip it'll be about the same cost as 2 pro modules and he could glue 2 pieces of eggcrate together then attach the modules to that then place that in the canopy. There wouldn't be heat issues then because the heat would be vented through the holes of the eggcrate.

Lights here already! Working good.. it appears to be a different model, the cord arrangement is different.

Ammonia 0, nitrites > 5

Just waiting on the dang nitrites!

Ibrahim said:
I know that but since he said he is getting a stunner strip it'll be about the same cost as 2 pro modules and he could glue 2 pieces of eggcrate together then attach the modules to that then place that in the canopy. There wouldn't be heat issues then because the heat would be vented through the holes of the eggcrate.

Stunner strip plus marineland leds yes it would cost that much. And no it wouldn't get rid of the heat that well. I know from experience.

ilostnemo said:
Stunner strip plus marineland leds yes it would cost that much. And no it wouldn't get rid of the heat that well. I know from experience.

Oh well that I wouldn't know about since I've only used stunner strips.

Ammonia 0, Nitrites about 2 :) :) :) dropping

I think I'm going to get the blue lights that are just for aesthetics for now. Until I make sure I have enough to pay my taxes this year.

Set up the gravity fed ATO beside the tank on my cabinet. Much easier access. And I can get a bigger reservoir and basically never have to top off!

img_1823408_0_4d8186a6eb82db12231a66518b0e9307.jpg

Just fussing around until I get cycled :L not much else to do really.

I'm reconsidering the aesthetic lights. Now I'm trying to decide between 4W 445nm LEDs for $60, or 6W 445nm LEDs for $90

The ATO?

It is super easy. Water container, quick connect x MPT connector, ro tubing, float valve.

Scottay love what you are doing here. I've been following for a few weeks now. Really wish I could do something like this. My wife doesn't have the same fascination.

Needmorecowbell <3 the name!

Back
Top Bottom