Scott's DIY 10 Gallon Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could put a shelf above your sump if you have the room. That's what I did on my 55.

Ammonia 0, Nitrite .5
Sooo impatient

scottayy said:
Lights here already! Working good.. it appears to be a different model, the cord arrangement is different.

Ammonia 0, nitrites > 5

Just waiting on the dang nitrites!

This will be the only time u want nitrates lol!

So I made 3 pvc tunnels under my sand
One horizontal going along the front side of the tank, and two short ones going back under the rocks.
I'd show pictures.. but you can't see them! lol

I'm going to be adding my stocking list all at once since I have a really strong bio-filter right now (or will, nitrites at .25, darn it)

Anyone see any problems with my stocking list?

Yellow Clown Goby
Yellow Watchman Goby
FireFish
Pistol Shrimp
Fire Shrimp
20 dwarf ceriths and 2 nassarius snails, maybe 1 blue legged crab unless he'd cause problems? (snails and crabs will come from my other tank, it is overpopulated with snails)

id add a little bit more. maybe a nerite and 3 more hermits? just leave some extra shells and they wont cause a problem.

U might have a problem with the pistol shrimp and fire shrimp. I've heard of pistols eating cleaner shrimp.

I'm almost certain my pistol offed 5 of my cleaner shrimp. It's the pistol or a pink spotted watchman goby. I'm leaning towards the pistol though

:( i really want the fire shrimp
and the pistol shrimp for the symbiotic relationship with the YWG

what to doo

I think I might just get the fireshrimp for my 55g
That way I can have both with no worries about fighting.

My Randall's stays in one place, under the rock with the Yasha guarding the various entrances it's made. They're a great combo. Doesn't bother my sexy shrimp because they're usually at higher places in the tank. They especially love my Xenia and starburst polyps but have also seen them playing in the torches. I'd also consider a peppermint, boxing, and/or cleaner shrimp. The shrimp have really surprised me. I didn't know I was going to love them this much.

i wish i could have a boxing shrimp, they look very cool. if i ever got a ten gallon or less, i would add it. i have a fire shrimp and hes pretty cool. he hangs out in a cove i have and comes out at night to eat.

Okay after rethinking further, I'm not going to put the fire shrimp in the 55 because I would have to quarantine it and my quarantine tank will have traces of copper in it.

Guess i'll just go with the pistol shrimp

Most marine shrimp arent prone to diseases most fish carry from what i hear. Plus swings in salinity, ph, or slight traces of metal like copper( as you stated) could cause death in no time. Cleaner skunk shrimp or the hardiest it seems but im not sure on others. If you choose to QT then go for it to each his own i personally wouldnt, i would however introduce it at lights out in an established tank to keep it from getting picked at like food.

Interesting, I'll read up on it.

On another note, cycle complete :D
I will probably order by stuff monday!

Just ordered.

- Firefish
- Yellow Clown Goby
- Yellow Watchman Goby
- Red banded snapping shrimp (only pistol shrimp in stock)

Sucks they didn't have the yellowstripe maroon clownfish I wanted to order for my 55 in stock. I will have to pay separate shipping.

Back
Top Bottom