Sniperhank's Red Sea S-series 500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Little update, I’ve been watching the sailfin hoping it fattens up. I had issue with it not wanting to eat from the clip.
I was finally able to witness it eating mysis. Was also seeing it picking at the clip. Seems it is shy. I put a full thing of nori into the clip and went back to work. Let him do his thing.

Everything is in the tank. And looked great.
Fed the tank frozen mysis, looked like the cooperband ate it. It is far from shy. Hoping the sailfin isn’t a huge jerk.
3 peppermints and the tiger tail cucumber. Acclimated and things looked ok. Cucumber hasn’t done anything so hoping it didn’t get shocked, but they aren’t speedsters so I’ll watch.

My cuke hides all day but is super active at night. Look for it after lights out to be moving about

Pretty hopeful on all this. Before the box arrived there were even more aiptasia. Seems me nuking them is simply increasing the numbers due to stress making them reproduce.

That is a bit nerve wracking seeing them almost multiplying before your eyes! I'm headed to the Coral Extravaganza today, for the regional/CO SW club (Uh oh). I need to get some dip for unwanted stuff.

IMG_1358.jpg
IMG_1357.jpg
He’s getting fatter and eats mysis.
Haven’t seen a single shrimp after introducing. Could have also become snacks possibly, but I assume dead either way.
I have been doing some aiptasia nuking with boiling water this time. See how it works out. Haven’t seen more. Unknown if from me or copperband, as haven’t seen it actively going after. I do know there were less than I had noticed before. Here’s hoping.

Yeah, pretty happy about it. I ordered a cheap sample of Masstick to see if it takes to it. If so, it would make things really easy. Excited to try it out.

Quick update:
Copperband is still doing well. Fat and picking all over. The masstick is a really neat food and I like it. I’d be happier if my fish went nuts over it like in the videos, but they eat it.
The sailfin is thin. He has been and I think it stopped eating from the clip. Can’t be sure, it’s hard to see when I work 12’s 4 days a week. Miss a lot of lights on. I watched all today and he’s feeding and roaming with the copperband.
Also adjusting my lighting. Here it is. Hoping for more color up.
IMG_1379.jpg

That is the app that goes with AI products. It mirrors the eco tech’s, which is no surprise since they are both under the same company umbrella now.
Either way, the customization opens up so many possibilities that it becomes too much. I just can’t ever get my colors to pop. They always look dull to me. And with no local pals in the hobby I have little to compare or go over with in my living room.

I can never tell - it’s all so different to FW. Is it a particular spectrum that is needed? I only know SW has more blues in light.

Nice that there is still some eating going on.

Very nice lighting and controller options. I am needing to get a new light so will be researching this next month.

That is the app that goes with AI products. It mirrors the eco tech’s, which is no surprise since they are both under the same company umbrella now.
Either way, the customization opens up so many possibilities that it becomes too much. I just can’t ever get my colors to pop. They always look dull to me. And with no local pals in the hobby I have little to compare or go over with in my living room.

IMG_4419.jpg
This is the settings I use. I have them fluctuate to mimic cloud movement and just for a different look at different times of the day.

I think this settings make my coral pop but then I’m new to the hobby and haven’t got that much coral.

What lights is it u have?

I’m running 3 AI hydra hd over the system.
Saying things don’t pop isn’t the right word, they are just dulled. I am thinking too much light due to the chalice being brighter in the shade. Hence the adjustment. See where it goes. Can’t really find the nice spot between too much white and too much blue.

Ultimately , I think your corals will let you know what’s right or not , I think we all struggle a little with the lighting issue, minor adjustments over time seems to be the key

Back
Top Bottom