4 Pregnant Fish ! Mollies, Platies, and Guppies !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UsePinkCrayons

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay, so this is my first freshwater fish tank. I currently have 1 male silver lyretail molly, 1 female creamesicle lyretail molly, 1 male sunburst platy, 1 female sunburst mickey mouse platy, 2 albino cory catfish and 2 female guppies. (30 gal tank). The thing is, 4 of my fish are now VISIBLY pregnant. I never intended for this to occur, I simple picked out the fishies that I thought were cute . lol . But now what do I do... How do I prepare for the young and how long until the females pop? Will the fry be eaten? My male molly keeps following the female around nipping at her anus maybe... is he waiting for the fry to pop out so he can eat them ? ALSO THIS IS MY BIG QUESTION. Can guppies and mollies breed ? Im positive that my guppies didnt store sperm. Ive had them for a yr and NOW theyre suddenly pregnant after I added my male 3 wks ago... will giving birth to such larger fish kill them ???? :( Ive added some more plants so the fry can hide, but will that be enough? Im not sure about a breeder box... I want some fry to survive , but I dont want an over populated tank. So, many questions but I need some help, lol. Thanks in advance!

It is possible for Guppies and Mollies to breed although it is extremely rare, Have you ever had them around a male guppy?

Back
Top Bottom