Acei holding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigtay

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just came home from work to find my acei holding. This is her second time holding so hopefully sum of the eggs will make it. The first batch she spit out to early.excited!!!!!

good luck!!! congrats!
what happened with the first batch?
is the father an acei too?
what u gonna do with them?
im sooo excited for u :D

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
good luck!!! congrats!
what happened with the first batch?
is the father an acei too?
what u gonna do with them?
im sooo excited for u :D

She spit out the first batch too early,I'm guessing the father is the other acei cause they are always around eachother. I'm not gonna sell them or give em away cause I don't know if they are hybrids or not. Just the thought of it makes me excited and plus my daughter wants to c the babies,thanx!!!!!

funny that, me too!! pics of her now, then when she has the babies, and details of how they look if u think they are hybrids when spat :)
will u strip her or let her spit in the tank? xx

funny that, me too!! pics of her now, then when she has the babies, and details of how they look if u think they are hybrids when spat :)
will u strip her or let her spit in the tank? xx

I will let her spit on her on

Cool i have a yellow lab is holding and has been holding for 33 days

How can u tell if they are holding? I just found babies in my tank and I would like to move her before she spits them thanks if u can help, congrats on yours too!

Well her jaw will be dropped nd she wont eat nd will suclude herself

there are non-agressive cichlids, but they have individual personalities and can completely rebel from expected nature.
shell cichlids (lamprologus ocellatus) are supposed to be nice, but iv seen a male pretty much tear up another male in a lfs. rams are quite nice too. in heavy stocking almost all cichlids can be neutralised - like how they behave in a busy lfs, just about swimming around eachother so there little chance to chase or bully. but this is cruel really so isnt much of an option. keyholes are supposed to be nice. but as i said down to the individual fish!
only some are protective of their young - typically mouth brooding cicchlids are for a couple of weeks to months, or kribensis for a protective egg-layer example. then they get bored and eat them pretty much. convicts are protective usually.
my oscars are babies (so far lol) but are lambs. one has even fed its feeder juvie RZ, treats them fine. i cant reccomend a perfect example for each of your categories; cichlids are too unique and thats why i love them!!

there are non-agressive cichlids, but they have individual personalities and can completely rebel from expected nature.
shell cichlids (lamprologus ocellatus) are supposed to be nice, but iv seen a male pretty much tear up another male in a lfs. rams are quite nice too. in heavy stocking almost all cichlids can be neutralised - like how they behave in a busy lfs, just about swimming around eachother so there little chance to chase or bully. but this is cruel really so isnt much of an option. keyholes are supposed to be nice. but as i said down to the individual fish!
only some are protective of their young - typically mouth brooding cicchlids are for a couple of weeks to months, or kribensis for a protective egg-layer example. then they get bored and eat them pretty much. convicts are protective usually.
my oscars are babies (so far lol) but are lambs. one has even fed its feeder juvie RZ, treats them fine. i cant reccomend a perfect example for each of your categories; cichlids are too unique and thats why i love them!!

Wait u said oscors?

yeah. im using them as an example to say given the right conditions and stocking they can be docile, plus when they are younger they are deceptive.
i know i have pre-killer fish. but im hoping they are gonna accept eachother and not eat eachother in the future.

Back
Top Bottom