Angelfish breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drogon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, I’m Andy I am new to breeding and am after a bit of help with me angelfish fry regarding moving them to the bigger tank I would like to know what to put in the tank, type of filter required and when to setup to cycle before I move them to their new home?
Many thanks in advance.
Andy

Put nothing in the new tank but a sponge filter and heater. It will take several weeks to cycle a new tank so start now. When you move them to the new tank move the filter they have now along with them.

That’s great ghyti thank you very much.
Should I fill it up completely?

Depends on the size of the tank and the size of the spawn. Twenty or thirty babies in a 55 gallon no. Two hundred babies in a ten gallon yes. Also depends on the size of the babies. If they are just two or three days free swimming keep them in the smaller tank so it is easier for them to find the food and definitely don't move them until you are sure they are eating ok.

There’s around 100 and they will be going in the 100 litres tank I was thinking moving them in around 2 more weeks as they are currently in a 40 litre tank and have been free swimming 10days.
Thank you very much for your advice

Back
Top Bottom