Are these neons pregnant? Pics included

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jodie_jo

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have 3 of these tetras, 2 of them are looking a bit fat! they swin in the corners of the tank...up and down..up and down... whilst the thin one chases them!

Attachments

• dsc03322_982.jpg
    dsc03322_982.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 288
  • dsc03326_138.jpg
    dsc03326_138.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 44
Neons are egglayers, they don't get pregnant in the conventional sense. Those don't look like neons. Neons have a blue streak in them, unless they are black neons. Can you be more specific as to what type of fish they are? Or maybe I just can't see the picture that well.

EDIT: I think those are glowlight tetras, but they don't get pregnant either. However, the females are not as slim as the males so it could just be a female.

Sorry, meant to write tetras, not neons, was talking to a friend about the neons and brain got confused!

They are glowlight tetras..so i could have 2 females and a male?

thanks for the speedy reply!

Yeah thats what I would guess. They were probably young when you bought them and the females filled out. They definately are not pregnant but watch them to see that they don't get bulbous. Right now they just look like their body structure is larger but if they get a more round figure it might be a disease. I really don't think this is the case though.

Back
Top Bottom