Big Mamma Guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DolphinMan

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my mamma guppy, how far along is she did you think? Thank you so much for your support in this thread!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414205539.470925.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414205555.659908.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414205584.600350.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! After she drops, when will she get pregnant again?

She will be pregnant immediately after

Hello i have a guppy and I'mImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414387863.940024.jpg not sure of shes also pregnant can you guys help? And i want to know how many days she has been pregnant if she is.

You can tell if they are pregnant if they have a black gravid spot. These are located at the lower back part of their belly. In blonde (yellow) guppies this can be orange in color. They black color is actually baby eyes. They are pregnant on average for about 21 days. They can actually give birth 3 times from one mating. They can also abort or postpone birth if they are stressed. You will know when she is close when she hides alot or stays in one area. If she squares off shes very close. This is when the fry drop and are ready to come out. Her belly will look square. If she quits eating she will give birth in the next 48 hours but not all stop eating. I have had some that do and some that eat before during and after labor. I hope this helps. Good luck! Babies are great fun.

Unfortunately she died yesterday

To both DolphinMan and Guppylover,

Basically, you can't tell how long such a female seems pergnant. For it's very individual how a pregnant female's belly will grow. And the other female can drop fry when she's not that big at all and another female will drop after she's really, really huge... So, it's hard to tell. And this answer is coming from me. And I'm a keeper and breeder of guppies and other livebearers for over 40 years now.

When a female guppy has delivered fry, you can't tell if she gets pregnant right away. Also this is an individual given. For a female livebearers like e.g. guppies, swordtails, mollies and platies will decide themselves wether a pregnancy starts. Just like Brianna (Lilme) already mentioned that a female can store sperm. Btw, it's even a bit longer than 12 months that she's able store it. So, a female doesn't have to get pregnant immediately by all means...

Back
Top Bottom