Breeding species in a ten gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Fever

Aquarium Advice Regular
Canada, the hardest place to get fish shipped to y
Someone just gave me a spare ten gallon. I am wishing to breed a species of fish in it. Open to any suggestions but, would prefer if the adult forms of the fish can get along. I am considering any type of Lamprologus ocellatus any info on those would be appreciated. To me, it doesn't really matter how hard it is to breed that type of fish but, preferably something intermediate leveled for breeding.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Neolamprologus Multifasciatus would be an option. They're colonial so they practically raise themselves and their population will just keep growing. I've got somewhere around 30 in a 20 gallon, a year after starting with 14. And 3 simultaneous spawns right now!

I have nice pair of stripe danios and pair of leopard danios with 4 golden whiteclouds their are gorgeous

Peace and Success to your fishes from my iPhone

2 words. Aphysemion australe.
30fe9014464744b5e26872c7024aadea.jpg

Someone just gave me a spare ten gallon. I am wishing to breed a species of fish in it. Open to any suggestions but, would prefer if the adult forms of the fish can get along. I am considering any type of Lamprologus ocellatus any info on those would be appreciated. To me, it doesn't really matter how hard it is to breed that type of fish but, preferably something intermediate leveled for breeding.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Lamprologus ocellatus can work, I have a pair in a ten gallon right now, been in there for about a year, and they are constantly breeding. I have gold ocellatus, and they are very fun to watch, they will even attack the siphon when I do water changes, it's fun to watch. Just make sure you do weekly water changes. But make sure the new water is very close to the temperature of the new water, or else you could shock the fish. As lake tanganyika is very stable and any change in temp that happens to fast and is too big will stress the fish and can kill them

Sent via echolocation

Probably equally well. Multies are colonial so they will just keep breeding though, I think Occies will eventually "reject" their fry as adults? Not sure on the latter.

all i will say is kilifish, they are great, small, colorful and very good breeders, if you set up the tank right you can breed them, all you will need is a spawning mop or peat moss(depends on fish) a divider and a little Rubbermaid container, like only a 1/2 litter you can get a bunch at the dollar tree, mine need like food but like worms are very easy, look into it they are great, and the pro killi breeders do it in a 5 gallon tank, and will put 5 pairs in a 10 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom