chiclids breeding???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weirdfishkid

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My chiclids dug a little hole under a decoration i have in my tank but havent laid any eggs yet or anything. i have two chiclids that are the same and it has to be them because they are the only similar fish in my tank. I want to know if thay are going to lay eggs or just digging a hole to sleep or someting. id be scared if they did because they mouth brood their young and possibly get territorial and not let other fish on one whole side of the tank. thank you

Do you know what type of cichlids you have? For more responses ask a mod to move it to the cichlid section.

My chiclids dug a little hole under a decoration i have in my tank but havent laid any eggs yet or anything. i have two chiclids that are the same and it has to be them because they are the only similar fish in my tank. I want to know if thay are going to lay eggs or just digging a hole to sleep or someting. id be scared if they did because they mouth brood their young and possibly get territorial and not let other fish on one whole side of the tank. thank you

Please include pictures.

Even if it lays eggs, they will become territorial. Sometimes cichlids just dig because they enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom