Cory breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big-j

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 5 corys 1 three lined and four Julii cores, how likely is it that I'll see eggs? Crossbred or not?

I've never had corys but I'm interested in getting some in my next setup. Thus, I've been doing some research and it seems that frequent water changes with slightly cooler water will simulate a "rainy season" to them which is apparently when they prefer to breed.

I don't know how likely it is currently with your setup, but I would think performing these simple steps could increase your chances.

Yeah I've seen the same things, I just wanted to know if the cories could breed together I mean they are almost identical see?

Attachments

• image-3483714652.jpg
    image-3483714652.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 95
  • image-2237586773.jpg
    image-2237586773.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 80
I am not a Cory breeder myself but a friend is. I am pretty sure they can crossbreed but I don't think the fry will live

It's called aleks and was made by Germans or something lol alot of the terms are foreign but it has pictures and descriptions of almost all aquarium fish, salt or freshwater I love that app lol

Corys are able to cross breed but it's unlikely if you already have a few of the same species in the tank :)

It's called aleks and was made by Germans or something lol alot of the terms are foreign but it has pictures and descriptions of almost all aquarium fish, salt or freshwater I love that app lol
I just checked and I can't find it in the itunes store. dang, it looked awesome.

They are different, very very similar but different, the three lined is slightly darker and has alot of tiny dots on it's face, while the julii has much larger "squiggles" however the rest of the coloration is similar the darkened lateral lines the black spot on the dorsal fin, everything is the same, I'd say an extremely closely related species, but different :( which makes it difficult to tell what will happen if they breed

Back
Top Bottom