cory's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All cory breed, breed the same way as dar as spawning goes and I guess it would depend on how many eggs she has..... cory are easy to breed (just change the water) but the eggs are a different story. Best thing to do is research the egg care. If I am correct they can also eat the eggs, and if eggs are white they are not spawned. So far that's all I have been able to remember.

To get my Cory sterbai to breed I change the water and refill with cooler water. This simulates spring rain to them. Once they lay the eggs all over. I take them out and put them in a 5 gallon tank with cherry shrimp and java moss. The shrimp can't eat the eggs but they love to clean them. Once the eggs hatch water changes are the most important thing. The fry are like all other fry and sensitive to water parameters which is why I use a 5 gallon. 10 would be better but I haven't set that one up yet. Eggs that turn white are unfertilized and should be removed

I am not sure if my question was understood correctly.....clarification: My false julii cory's (scientific name is Callichthyidae) were spawning at the time I post this question originally and I wanted to know how long does the spawning process last...but of course I have learned now through my personal experience with them yesterday...
@Bettamax....real julii cory's are very rare...research the difference but here is a link to get you started
False Julii Cory Catfish

All cory breed, breed the same way as dar as spawning goes and I guess it would depend on how many eggs she has..... cory are easy to breed (just change the water) but the eggs are a different story. Best thing to do is research the egg care. If I am correct they can also eat the eggs, and if eggs are white they are not spawned. So far that's all I have been able to remember.

hmmm okay I read that too about the eggs...well I hope at least one or two survive (survival of the fittest)

Back
Top Bottom