Could they be eggs or disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Bubble00

Aquarium Advice Regular
So, when I came back from my school today, my goldfishes destroyed my plants by uprooting them (again). Then I saw on one of my plants a small white ball on it. At first I thought that it is an ich and I was about to throw it away, but I decided to test it if it sticks to the plant then its an ich, if it doesn't it might be something. So I tried and it came off!. Note that I actually mix my goldfish with 3×Comet,1×Angelfish, 2× Rosy Barb (Yes... I read that most people said not to do that, but I have no other choice since my parents won't allow me to buy a new tank) I also have 5×RCS and I saw one of them has a yellow thing near her tail and most sources said that they are eggs. So could they be my Rosy Barb eggs or my RCS eggs, or could they be some sort of a disease? I had enough of ich already (2 fish infected and moved them to 2 separate big bowls). Please answer ASAP.

Ich isn't going to be a lump on a plant, sounds like either eggs or rotten food. Can you take a pic?

So, when I came back from my school today, my goldfishes destroyed my plants by uprooting them (again). Then I saw on one of my plants a small white ball on it. At first I thought that it is an ich and I was about to throw it away, but I decided to test it if it sticks to the plant then its an ich, if it doesn't it might be something. So I tried and it came off!. Note that I actually mix my goldfish with 3×Comet,1×Angelfish, 2× Rosy Barb (Yes... I read that most people said not to do that, but I have no other choice since my parents won't allow me to buy a new tank) I also have 5×RCS and I saw one of them has a yellow thing near her tail and most sources said that they are eggs. So could they be my Rosy Barb eggs or my RCS eggs, or could they be some sort of a disease? I had enough of ich already (2 fish infected and moved them to 2 separate big bowls). Please answer ASAP.

their live plants well than that's a easy answer a snail hitched in on plants and layed eggs that's the small white bumps (y)
images

snails are strange but mysterious creatures why you ask. first of all they don't need to be paired to lay eggs ,

some snails lay eggs randomly as others lay eggs in a trail like pattern than you got the snails that lay eggs in a big pile like cluster , some even bury there eggs

some snails lay red eggs , some are clear , some lay a greenish color eggs even brown eggs , but the most common egg is white .

http://www.snail-world.com/how-do-snails-reproduce/

Last edited:
their live plants well than that's a easy answer a snail hitched in on plants and layed eggs that's the small white bumps (y)
images

snails are strange but mysterious creatures why you ask. first of all they don't need to be paired to lay eggs ,

some snails lay eggs randomly as others lay eggs in a trail like pattern than you got the snails that lay eggs in a big pile like cluster , some even bury there eggs

some snails lay red eggs , some are clear , some lay a greenish color eggs even brown eggs , but the most common egg is white .

http://www.snail-world.com/how-do-snails-reproduce/
For some reason, the white ball disappeared and there are no signs of snails, could they got eaten by my angelfish(freshwater)?

If that wood is new to the tank it could have bacteria in it but if the fish are not acting funny than its probably eggs. I wouldn't know what from.

For some reason, the white ball disappeared and there are no signs of snails, could they got eaten by my angelfish(freshwater)?

Very possible your angels or goldfish had a hardy snack nothing to be overly concerned about just part of the circle of life .

Back
Top Bottom